Monday, October 27, 2008

Stroganof

Well, Thursday was boiled potatoes, nothing spectacular and Saturday was tacos. If you don't know how to make tacos, you need some serious kitchen help. Sunday we ate at my parents house. On Friday however, we had stroganof. It's a recipe I had never had until I got married. It's simple and pretty quick to make but always a crowd pleaser.

Rice:
Since this is a bulk portion of the meal you will want to make a fair amount. For my family of 7 I make 2.5 cups of rice and 5 cups of water.

Frozen Veggies:
We do frozen because they taste better than canned. Typically corn or peas. Dump some in a Pampered Chef Microcooker, add water, microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, add butter and serve.

Stroganof
Of course this is the flavor of the whole meal. I'll give you our portions for my size of family. You can cut it in half for smaller families or allow some leftovers because it re-heats rather well.
Brown 1 lb of ground beef with salt and pepper to taste while you are cooking. It usually doesn't take a ton of salt or pepper but it definitely adds something to the end product. Remove excess grease and add in one family-size can of cream of mushroom soup and roughly 14 oz of sour cream. Stir the meat, soup and sour cream together over medium low heat until the soup and sour cream are a nice uniform color. Remove from heat and serve.

We scoop the rice on to the plate and then scoop some of the stroganof on top. We let our 3 older kids mix it together if they want but we mix it for the twins because they eat it better that way.

And that's what was for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you use or like or have suggestions for any of my meals.